martes, julio 20, 2010

Braveheart (Gibson, 1995)

My blog in English edition. Only because of the audience request (due to common interests). So, with the consequent grammar and spelling mistakes, it's time to speak about a film I had longered to watch for a long long time. I know, "You are in Scotland, you should have seen it". Well, now I can say I've seen Braveheart.
And the best  thing is that I saw it with two Scottish girls (with very different accents, by the way).
So, that was an exciting film. Pure Scottish feelings!! Of course, I recommend watching it in English, because of the different accents ("William, go to tha hus"). I really liked it. It reminded me of my past months in Stirling, next to the bridge, the Wallace monument overlooking my University...
But, William is William. I mean... He is my hero. Let's fight against the English who came here and want everything for them! Is great to see how difficult things were. It was not just the Englishmen, but also the Scottish lords. The only thing I saw as a mistake is the role of the Princess from France.
I haven't researched much about Wallace, but I guess he didn't had any affair with that lady. And, what's more, it goes against the logic and structure of the script. William's wife dies early in the film. That is the plot point. After the English killed her, William decides to fight against them, even using the violence he had decided not to use.
So the wife is not "just" his wife. Is also the element that keeps him going. Sometimes during the film William dreams about her. She helps him and he makes stronger resolutions to fight against the English. But "No  girl, no sex scene", someone might have thought. Of course, "if there is no sex there is no success", they thought, so... Let's have another girl.
But it makes no sense. William spends the night with the French Princess, and then he is going to die, thinking and seeing his wife. And he carries her handkerchief with him all the time... It is nice that Isabelle the French Princess is "in love" with William Wallace. But it had been much better if she hadn't showed it. Just a kiss on the cheek would have had more sense.
Robert the Bruce is another great character. He is a traitor, but he is the most loyal follower when he realices what he's done. I think the actor did a very good job. The secondary characters are great, Williams friends give fresh air to the film.
And what to say about the impressing scenery? Amazing... Even though it was not all filmed in Scotland. Some irish shots are there as well... (But also the Highlands!).
Well, very good film. Great to be watched among Scots!


PS. Grammar and spelling corrections are welcome!

3 comentarios:

Dolores dijo...

Si no la has visto antes es por tu culpa... Te acuerdas que Pilar R la pidió por su cumple, mientras que tú preferías Aladdín? Y como punto intermedio vimos la francesa esa rara...

María Del Rincón Yohn dijo...

Uy! Es verdad, se me había olvidado. Jo, y la francesa esa era más mala...

Maria Crosas dijo...

Rinco, esta peli es genisl. Nunca me cansó de verla y siempre que lo hago aacbo llorando al final, me emociono.. (y mira que tmapoco soy de esas.. jaaj)
Por fin la has visto, ya era hora.. además en un contexto adecuado, ¿no?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...